Saturday, February 21, 2015

Snowing

I love when it snows like it is this afternoon with little or no wind, and I am safe and warm inside. The snow falls continuously, gently.  These tiny white flakes drifting and dancing downwards outside my windows.  What really makes it special is the quiet.  All this activity is going on...silently, softly, feathering down from the sky.  The whole world is muted and peaceful.  Every thing seems to be infected with this quiet.  It's quiet everywhere I turn to listen.  Yet, it has such a presence it feels magical.

Oh, Yes. I usually forget this quiet feeling when the snow stops and/or when the seasons change or the snowplows come through.  It's like it was never there.  I forget.  And then... it snows, and I am enveloped once again in the soft silent presence of the falling snow.


No comments:

Post a Comment